Welcome to National Drug-Free Work Week! This week we are sharing drug-free workplace themes each day and spotlighting the workplace drug testing.
Today, the National Drug Free Workplace Alliance and National Drug Screening are stressing the continued significance of workplace drug testing as part of a comprehensive drug-free workplace program. It is essential that employers provide a strong message to all workers that drugs negatively impact workers' productivity and the company's bottom line. Here are some points to remember:
- OSHA requires that employers provide workplaces that are free from hazards, that includes the being under the influence of drugs and alcohol while on the job.
- Quest Diagnostics indicates that there has been a rise in drug test positivity rates for pre-employment and workplace substance abuse testing.
- Workplace drug testing programs help employees with substance use problems to get help earlier.
Please watch these videos on drug testing and find additional resources below.
- National Drug-Free Work Week Resources
- Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index
- SAMHSA Drug Testing Resource
- SHRM Workplace Drug Testing: Weighing the Pros and Cons
- NDWA Drug and Alcohol Testing
For more information and to learn how drug-free workplace programs are are vital to business, visit the National Drug Free Work Week web page.